Are you an IT leader looking to grow your skill set and take on more responsibility? Do you follow emerging technology trends, strategically envisioning how these innovations could significantly impact productivity and profits?
Can you identify and provide resolutions for standard and complex technical problems? Can you successfully communicate those ideas to both your colleagues and end users in a manner that enhances trust, confidence and mutual respect?
If you’re ready to tackle the greatest challenges small to mid-size businesses face by building, monitoring, and maintaining technology infrastructures capable of keeping pace with their business goals, we’d like to hire you.
About the Role
We are seeking a Level 2 Technical Engineer qualified to design, manage, and support the next generation of information systems for our clients, exceeding expectations along the way. Your advanced technical expertise will be utilized to:
- Provide ongoing diagnosis, resolution, and support for problems related to servers, workstations, operating systems, applications, line of business applications, cloud/hosted solutions, WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, security, disaster recovery solutions, printers and other peripherals, and other items as needed.
- Implement, troubleshoot, and maintain scalable, highly available technology architectures built on Microsoft and VMware.
- Contribute to the development of processes, standards, documentation and adherence to same.
You work well in a team environment, have strong analytical, organization and communication skills, and have grown your knowledge both academically and practically. You possess:
- Three to five years of experience implementing and supporting Windows operating systems
- Professional IT certifications such as Microsoft MCTS, MCDST, MCITP; CompTIA A+ and Network+
- Undergraduate Degree in computer-related technologies
We’re not your typical IT firm. For over 25 years Micro Visions has been an objective IT partner helping business owners increase profits through the effective use and management of technology. We hire smart, talented professionals with diverse technical backgrounds because we believe the best strategies are developed through multi-perspective collaboration. Our technical engineers don’t just implement solutions, their insight and recommendations help shape the strategy. And while our clients prefer their equipment be neatly hidden in a dark server room, we prefer to showcase ours. You’ll feel like a kid in a candy store as you stroll beneath a canopy of cable ladders, past our state of the art server rack, over to your continually-updated equipment in a work space flooded with natural light. Other perks include generous compensation package (healthcare, PTO and retirement contribution), certification reimbursement, smartphone, and a fully stocked snack bar. Some reimbursable travel required, and all engineers participate in our incentivized on-call rotation.