On September 19th, Apple released iOS11 for iPhone and iPad devices. There is a known issue sending email with the default iOS11 Mail application and communication with Office 365 services.
To prevent interruption in your iOS and Office 365 communications we have 2 recommendations for you:
- Do not upgrade to iOS11 until Apple releases a verified fix. Micro Visions will be watching closely for a resolution and will communicate this as soon as possible.
- Utilize a supported workaround from Apple and Microsoft. Steps follow below:
- Open Apple App Store.
- Install Microsoft Outlook.
- Launch Microsoft Outlook.
- Click “Get Started”.
- Type in your email address.
- If you see “Open Authenticator” click it now, but if not, enter the password you use to log into your computer. If you come to a Microsoft Office 365 page after clicking the “Open Authenticator”, please enter your password at that page.
- Once signed in, the Outlook application will take you through a tour, and you can chose to skip on the bottom left of the screen.
- Email will take a moment to synchronize from Microsoft, but it will show up shortly.
Micro Visions Technical Support Team is available for questions and assistance: 616-776-0400 Option 1 or firstname.lastname@example.org.